Monday, August 27, 2012

19 years old? or 19 years young?

19 years old, or 19 years young? It is a question that I had not really thought to much about before. I am nineteen years old. I have had nineteen years to gather, and store information and experiences, but then on the flip side of that I have only had nineteen years to collect information. I found out today that I am the youngest person in my program at UNM. There is one girl who is twenty and she is the closest to my age. I am anywhere from a year to twenty years younger than my peers. On average I am probably about four years younger than those in the same program. This is exciting in that I am the youngest, no one else my age is where I am! but again there is that flip side. I am the only one my age in this program so I am going through it with less life experience than my peers and when people know how old I am they do a double take. Usually people do place me at being four years older than I am, but this week for the first time in eons I was asked if I am in high school. This may seem like an exaggeration, and yes, the word eons is, but I have rarely been asked about my age because people have always assumed that I am much older than I am. As if that made any sense... Anyway, I was asked by the teachers at the school I am teaching at if I am a high school student. They seem to sense that even though I am a student teacher I am rather young. I guess when it all boils down I am very excited to be where I am today. Without God and the special people He has blessed me with there is no way I could be where I am today. I may have to prove a little bit more than some, but life is supposed to be a challenge, right?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment