Thursday, April 11, 2013

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!

Based off of my title you are probably thinking that I am about to admit to a terrible crime, but that is not the case! :) I simply wanted to grab your attention and tell you about something I have learned this past semester. So, I did not do it, well, I did, but then it didn't turn out and then He did.... Sort of long story, but I will shorten it by a few months! Basically at the beginning of this year there were some really exciting opportunities coming up and I had prayed about them and I thought that they were for me. I however did not end up in these things that I was so excited about. I was disappointed, but I knew that God always has a plan, and even though I was not necessarily happy with what He had decided I also knew that He had never let me down before and that no matter what happens everything has worked out. Well, I still am not really sure why those doors closed, but God brought along some amazing opportunities. This fall I am going to be at a school that I had only dreamed of getting to teach at and certainly never thought that these dreams would  come to anything. They were just that, dreams, and yet God brought this opportunity to me and laid it in my lap. I did not have to do a thing!
 Now back to the "I didn't do it" part. The doors that closed for me were things that I had been trying to do out of my own merit. Things that I worked for and I thought I could achieve on my own failed (miserably...) yet the things that I have really been blessed with this past semester are the things that God brought to me. The things that I had nothing to do with. I am amazed that after everything that I mess up on He still blesses me with such amazing opportunities, and yet I still complain when I find out I have some summer courses to take :P :) There are so many things I try to do on my own merit, but what I especially needed to see again is that it doesn't matter what I do it matters what He did for me. 


Thank you to those of you who read my mutterings! I really appreciate it! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment