Sunday, July 24, 2011

Quoty...

I have this hobby I guess you could call it where I collect quotes. If I find a quote I like I write it in my quote book. I just love quotes. So for awhile I have wanted to write a post of different quotes. I am probably going to make it into different segments cause it would take me awhile to write them all down, plus it would be an insanely long post, so here goes round one of quotes!

You, it is you now who must act. If you do nothing, nothing shall be done.
~Elisabeth Elliot    an excerpt from her book No Graven Image

O God fill my soul with so entire a love of you that I may love nothing, but for Your sake and in subordination with Your love. Give me grace to study Your knowledge daily, that the more I know You, the more I may love You. Create in me a zealous obedience to all Your commands, a cheerful patience under all Your chastisements, and a thankful resignation to all Your disposals. Let it be the one business of my life to glorify You by every word of my tongue, by every work on my hand, by professing Your truth, and by engaging all men so far as in my lies, to glorify and love You.
~John Wesley

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
~Corrie-Ten-Boom 

Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

God set His standards high so that we wont make the mistake of aiming low. He made them unreachable so that we would never have an excuse to stop growing.
~Alex and Brett Harris    an excerpt from their book Do Hard Things  

I  used to say that somebody ought to do something about that, but then I realized that I was somebody.
~ Lilly Tomlin

God came to afflict the comfortable and comfort the afflicted.
~ don't know

I love you; not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you
~Roy Croft

How wonderful it is that nobody needs to wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
~Anne Frank    an excerpt from her diary


No man can drag me down so low as to make me hate him
~George Washington Carver


There is no more important work that what you are doing
~George Washington Carver


Our hearts are restless until they rest in God.
~Augustine

Unless we have something worth dying for we've nothing worth living for.
~Francine Rivers     an excerpt from her book series The Mark of the Lion 

I don't care what you've heard impossible is not a word, it's just an excuse to quite trying.
~Jason Sweet    an excerpt from his song Living Room Praise 

Courage is what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared.
~Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away.
~Thomas Fuller

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance.
~Aesop

A girl should be so lost in God, that a guy must seek Him in order to find her
~....

If you want to catch the eye of a godly guy, work hard at becoming a godly woman.
~...

Dance with God. He'll let the perfect man step in.
~...

Before he can be your knight in shining armor, he must first put on the armor of God.
~...

Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth.
~Chuck Norris

Since this is getting rather long I suppose this shall be my last quote for the night

Watch your thoughts, they become your words, watch your words, they become your actions, watch your actions, they become your habit's, they become your character, what your character, it becomes your destiny.
~...

Tune in next time for quotiness :)   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment